Cleavable ICAT® Reagents
Cleavable ICAT® Reagents are a cysteine-specific, protein-based labeling strategy designed to compare two different sample states. These reagents provide you with more complete protein identification and quantification data than is possible with 2-D gels.
- Incorporates carbon-13, rather than deuterium, into the heavy reagent, resulting in the co-elution of protein pairs labled with ICAT® Reagents from the reversed-phase column for improved peptide quantification.
- Incorporates an acid-cleavable site in the reagent, allowing for removal of the biotin portion of the ICAT® Reagent tag prior to MS and MS/MS analysis.
- Reduces the overall tag size enabling the analysis of larger peptides.
- Reduces tag fragmentation, thereby improving MS/MS data quality and significantly increasing the number of identified proteins for higher confidence per experiment.
- Improved reagent design reduces formation of ICAT/TCEP reaction by-products for overall MS data quality improvement.
- The mass difference (9 dalton) between the heavy and light reagents avoids possible confusion between oxidized methionine and two cysteines labeled with ICAT® Reagents in LC/ESI/MS workflows.
ICAT® is a registered trademark of the University of Washington and is exclusively licensed to AB SCIEX Pte. Ltd.