Cleavable ICAT® Reagents
Cleavable ICAT® reagents are a cysteine specific, protein-based labeling strategy designed to compare two different sample states. These reagents provide you with more complete protein identification and quantification data than is possible with 2-D gels.
- Incorporates 13C rather than deuterium into the heavy reagent, which results in the co-elution of ICAT reagent labeled pairs from the reversed-phase column, which improves peptide quantification measurements.
- Incorporates an acid-cleavable site in the reagent, which lets you remove the biotin portion of the ICAT reagent tag prior to MS and MS/MS analysis.
- Reduces the overall size of the tag, enabling the analysis of larger peptides.
- Reduces tag fragmentation, which improves quality of MS/MS data and significantly increases the number of identified proteins, with high confidence per experiment.
- Improved reagent design, which reduces formation of ICAT/TCEP reaction products, by products of the alkylation reaction, and improves overall MS data quality.
- The mass difference between the heavy and light reagents of 9 Daltons avoids possible confusion between oxidized methionine and two cysteines labeled with ICAT reagents in LC-ESI-MS workflows.