The iTRAQ® reagents are the first set of multiplexed, amine-specific, stable isotope reagents that can label all peptides in up to eight different biological samples enabling simultaneous identification and quantitation, both relative and absolute, while retaining important PTM information. There are two types of iTRAQ® reagents, four plex and 8plex. The iTRAQ® reagents - 8plex are also available in more economical bulk packs.
- Simultaneously identify and quantify proteins from multiple samples.
- Expands protein and proteome coverage by labeling all peptides, including those with post-translational modifications (PTMs).
- Increases confidence in identification and quantitation from MS/MS spectra by tagging multiple peptides per protein.
- Increases throughput and confidence in results for protein biomarker discovery studies.
- Offers a simple workflow without sample fractionation for reduced-complexity samples, such as affinity pull-downs.
- Provides the flexibility to multiplex up to eight different biological samples simultaneously in a single experiment.
- Fully supported by ProteinPilot™ Software on all AB SCIEX proteomics LC/MS/MS platforms